Skip to content
PREPARATION TIME: 20-30 minutes
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 gms of Khoya/mawa
- 15ml / 250 drops of Nectarea Sweet Light
- 3 ¼ tsps of grated coconut
- 15 Cashew nuts (blanched and chopped)
- 15 Almonds (blanched and chopped)
- 20 Raisins
- ½ Green cardamom or nutmeg powder
Ingredients for the outer covering:
- 4 cups of refined flour (maida)
- Half a pinch of salt
- 5 tbsps Ghee
Mash 500 gms of khoya and roast it in a pan on medium heat till it becomes pink.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Add all the other filling ingredients along with the Sweet Light Drops to the khoya and keep aside.
- To prepare the covering, sieve flour and salt. Put in five tablespoons of ghee.
- Add enough water and knead into a firm dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and keep aside for fifteen minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small roti of four inches diameter.
- Place the roti on a greased gujiya mould and fill a tablespoon of the filling mixture on one side.
- Moisten the edges of the roti and fold one side of the mould over the other.
- Press the edges and remove the excess dough.
- Prepare all the gujiyas and spread on a damp cloth.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a pan and deep-fry the gujiyas, in batches on medium heat, till golden brown.
- Pull out of the pan and blot the excess ghee with an absorbent paper. Serve hot.
- For storage, cool the gujiyas and store in an airtight container.